Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Well Hello Stranger...

Okay so I have been on a completely unintentional blogging hiatus lately, thanks to our awesome work in progress new house. Ever since this little adventure has started I have been completely thrown off my game. It kind of feels like someone threw in another juggling ball and I let them all come crashing down. I am trying to get it all straightened out, but man, I am busy with things that I never really imagined I would have to find time to do, like meetings and floor plans and lots of cleaning. Why is this house so stressful, well because this is what it looks like inside! Why did we do this you ask? Well.. because we just don't do anything the "normal" way - what fun would that be anyway! It is going to be really cool when it is all said and done, but it is going to be quite the adventure. On the bright side I now have some new blog content, because who doesn't like to watch a car crash a good before and after. Stay tuned for all of my fun projects to come!

The Grand Entryway!
 Since Ry is still overseas, his parents and I have been cleaning up and doing some demo work on the weekends. So far we have cleaned up the yard, power washed the house, demoed some stuff in the basement, and have been reveiwing 100's of different floor plans. We met the architect today, which will give us some much needed guidance with the layout and getting everything up to the current code standards. I am a huge girl when it comes to anything to do houses, renovations, or anything close to that, so I am getting a crash course education on everything there is to home "renovation" - if that is what you call what we are doing...

The crap we pulled down from the basement...

 School has been extra fun as well, I started taking an elective class last week and sorta wigged out and then dropped out of the class, but because of my mini meltdown, I figured out that I don't need to actually take that class, and that I can test out of the elective. This means that the class I start on next Tuesday is my last class! Since there is a 2 week holiday break, it will be split up, 3 weeks now and then 4 weeks in January. I am beyond excited about this, for whatever reason one class is so much more doable that two classes. Now that I have this all sorted out, I feel much better, and in turn I hope that I can keep up the momentum and get organized and get my ass back on track. I am a feen for a routine - I am completely OCD, I like to keep everything planned out and I try to stick to it, which has been hard to do lately. I am feeling much more positive and a little bit more grounded today. So bring it on life!


1 comment:

  1. Wow Im not sure how your not stressing out. I work in construction and thats stressful enough but my own home?? I have complete OCD so Im not sure I could handle it lol But I cant wait to see the finished project! Just keep your head up girl!

    ReplyDelete