Monday, December 10, 2012

Here we go!

Day One!
Meg and I are starting our 30DS today, I just finished up and I am glad to find that it isn't as bad as day one last time. I still suck at a couple parts and I can really tell that I have been a work out slacker the last couple of weeks, but I feel good - unlike the first time around where I wanted to kill myself for the first three days. Talk to me about this tomorrow and I might change my tune depending on how sore I am.

The one thing I really like about doing the 30 Day Shred is that it really motivates me to eat better. I used to feel like if I wasn't eating perfect, then there was no point in percussing because I was already eating like a fatty. I have since changed my outlook, and I figure if I can do anything that is good for me I should just go for it. I am going to keep trying to eat better, but I am really sick of counting points. My goal for the rest of December is to eat healthy and make better choices. I am planning on tightening things up after the holidays are over and transitioning to counting calories. I have never counted calories before, but I was always a pretty good point nazi during my WW days.

In other news... I spend my entire Sunday morning pulling out nails from the rafters of my "house'' - Saturday morning Mark and my Dad pulled down the old celing of the second floor, it was a MESS! Sunday we cleaned up and I began my never ending job of pulling out nails while standing on a ladder. I am not what anyone would call a coorndated person, so this was a little chalanging at first, but once I got the hang of it, it wasn't too bad.

  
Nice mess.. huh?
Our relocated mess...
We are almost done with the demo portion of this fun adventure. At first we didn't realize there was going to be so much to do to get ready to out it all back together. We ripped out all of the plumbing, wiring, hvac, and most of the dry wall and insulation. Some of the things we thought we could use, like the new dry wall and insulation that the previous contract has started, ended up needing to be ripped out because of wiring or because it wasn't up to code. This whole adventure hasn't been easy on us, but I'm hoping things start looking up. I'm excited to do the shred again - hopefully that will help me feel better and have some more energy.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Blogging buddy..I thought you would be a great person to get the Liebster Award. So I nominated you on my page. It's a fun award that you can learn more about through my post. Hope you have fun with it!

    http://megwatkins.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete